Scriptures are from the King James Bible.
Photo compliments of Sandra - Copyright 2011
Nehemiah 2:17, 18
...and let us build up the wall of Jerusalem, that we be no more a reproach.
Then I told them of the hand of my God which was good upon me; as also the king's words that he had spoken unto me. And they said, Let us rise up and build. So they strengthened their hands for this good work.
This post is somewhat related to the one posted directly below this one titled, "CREDIBILITY, COURTESY AND REQUEST FOR PRAYER." In that post, I expressed my battle with people who, overall, lack integrity and credibility. After I wrote the subject post and read some very helpful comments, our Lord settled me and gave me these revelations:
- When people betray us, as long as we keep ourselves pure, we can be mindful of Esther 4:14 which says, "...then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place;..."
- When Judas betrayed Jesus our Lord kept His focus on His assignment. GOD gave Jesus the assignment and Jesus completely handled our Father's business. Judas' betrayal did not, at all, waylay Jesus. How incredible that Jesus knew of Judas' betrayal before Judas did - yet Jesus chose him as one of His disciples - that the scripture could be fulfilled. Judas' presence did not prevent Jesus' assignment nor did Judas' presence alter Jesus' persona. Jesus kept His love walk intact as He pressed forward to fulfill the will of our Father. Jesus is steadfastly true to the truth, regardless! Of course, we aren't Jesus and we will falter but what a great witness for us to use as encouragement!
- We disappoint others and they disappoint us. The Word of our Lord says in 1 Corinthians 2:5, "That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." And Jeremiah 17:5, 7 states, "Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord. Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is."
- I need to get better not bitter. Hebrews 12:15 says, "...lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;"
- 1 Timothy 5:22 says, "...neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.
- Vengeance belongs to GOD. Hebrews 10:30 states, "For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people."
GOD does lead as follows, as well:
- Ezekiel 3:18, 19
When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
- Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:14
...warn them that are unruly,...
- Titus 1:13
This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
- Romans 15:14
...able also to admonish one another.
- OF COURSE, WITHOUT LOVE, WE ARE NOTHING
1 CORINTHIANS 13.
It is important to be mindful that Jesus has lion and lamb attributes - He is the Lamb and the Lion. We need to seek our Lord as to when to use gentleness in warnings and when to use sharpness, as stated above - rebuke them sharply. Sometimes our Lord gives us gentle rebukes and sometimes His rebukes are administered sharply. Certainly, we need both, as the Spirit of the living GOD decides. When we walk in His Spirit, He leads as to when, who, and how.
Recently I heard Bishop T. D. Jakes say these words, "Boats don't go down when they get in the water. They only go down when the water gets in them." And he said, "The glory that's down inside you is greater than the limitations around you."
Years ago, one of my friends said to me, "Don't let unjust treatment take you hostage."
With those things said, I need to keep it moving UP with more focus on GOD not man.
I close with recent words that I heard from Pastor Creflo Dollar.
We shouldn't just talk about going up to heaven but about heaven coming down to the earth.
Jesus didn't come just to get us into heaven but to give us a revelation of heaven on earth.